I found this swap called the Knitter’s Virtual Vacation Swap. I’ve never done a swap before, but this one sounds like so much fun, on both the giving and receiving ends. This is my questionnaire. Also, I added a travel tab up at the top. It has maps of the states and countries I’ve been to, as well as a link to the travel collection on my flickr.
1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
I really want to go to the deep South. Louisiana seems so strange and awesome.
2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
I would love to go to South America, probably Peru would be my top choice. Japan is also high up on the list, and may be my next international destination. Also Russia, someday.
3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
I love road trips! I’ve driven around and between California and Montana/North Dakota (with lots of side trips) countless times with my family. I also did a road trip from Atlanta, GA to New York, and one from San Diego to all parts of Arizona and New Mexico.
4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?
Iceland! New Mexico was also very strange.
5. What was your favorite “travel” vacation? Why?
My two-month trip to Europe last fall. It was long, and we saw so many wonderful things in 8 different countries. It was amazing.
6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
We like to give visitors the “midnight tour of SF” and go to the places with views when it’s dark and not crowded. We go to museums and parks and show people the fun spots that we like. We try and avoid places like Pier 39/Fisherman’s Wharf, but I have gone there on occasion when people wanted to.
7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?
I suppose all three, but museums usually take precedence.
8. What’s your favorite type of yarn?
I like things that have silk blended in them. Alpaca is always nice, and so are tweedy wools. Tweed4life.
9. What’s your least favorite type of yarn?
Weird acrylic stuff and really feathery novelty yarn.
10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
I like to make shrugs, shawls, socks, hats…things to wear. I don’t really enjoy making things with a lot of small fiddly parts to sew together (like toys), though I do like the finished product.
11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?
I usually pack a somewhat small, easily portable project. I like to have knitting with me where ever I go, so I need to be able to carry it around in my purse or a small bag. If it’s a longer trip where I won’t constantly be on the go, I might bring something larger like a sweater or shawl as well.
12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
I sew a little, and I recently started spinning. I like to bake and I’m trying to get better at cooking. I used to collage all the time. I also have dome some bookbinding and printmaking. I really would love to make more books.
13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)
Not that I know of.
14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?
I love teal/turquoise. Fuschia is also awesome. Warm coffee browns.
I don’t really like bright yellows (though I like mustard) or pastels.
15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?
Both…but I’m always in the mood for something sweet.
16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?
I really love coffee. LOVE. And I wish I had a kitty, but my boyfriend is allergic.