yesterday before work i finished the first lace panel of “victorian ruby” from VLT. i was a little worried about the bind off being too tight, so i looked in the glossary to see if they had any suggestions, and there was something called the “suspended bind off” which i used because it said it makes it “very difficult to bind off too tight”. it still seems a little tighter than the crochet cast on, but it doesn’t seem to affect the hang of the scarf.next i have to pick up the stitches along the top and start the long drop stitch section. at least it will not require as much concentration. two days ago when i was working on it, i was getting really excited that i was almost finished with the panel. so excited, in fact, that i wasn’t paying attention to part of the chart, and was continuing on in the same fashion that i had been, and realized about 6 rows too late that things had changed. i contemplated what the best course of action was: 1) just leave it and try and deal with the mistake, 2) try and frog mohair and probably ruin the whole thing, or 3) painstakingly undo each stitch until the point where i started doing the chart wrong. obviously, i chose option 3, because the misktake would have been way too obvious, and i wasn’t about to have a mohair tangle on my hands. it didn’t take as long asi thought it would, only about an hour, but it was a little scary during the process because i was dropping stitches on the way, and losing my way with the yarnovers a little. but by the 6th row i had it figured out, and now i’m much happier than i took the time to fix it.

the other night i was inspired by the pink&black hat on this post on LJ punk_knitters. she used this pattern, but changed colors instead of using striping noro. i decided this was a good use for some plymouth encore i’ve had laying around, so the other night i started my own version of the hat. i’ve altered the pattern a little more because i don’t like those stripes that show up when you change colors while purling. so all those are hidden inside, the stripes on the outside will look nice and seamless.

i just spent a little while updating my flickr portfolio of finished objects. though i have most of my craft pictures on opera for ease of posting on this blog, i decided it’s a good idea to keep a version of the finished portfolio on flickr because i love the layout and presentation. so i put all the pictures of i have of stuff i’ve done in the last few months. i really need to get better about photographing everything.

in that endeavor, today i took pictures of a dishcloth i just made, and calorimetry. enjoy!

Advertisements